The Manhyia Palace on Tuesday said the vehicle that was involved in an accident in the Brong Ahafo Region on Monday was not part of the Otumfuo Osei Tutu, Asantehene's convoy.
A statement released in Accra by Yankah and Associates on behalf of the Palace said Otumfuo Osei Tutu was informed late after a ceremony at Seikwa that 'the driver of a chief, who was apparently late for the same function, decided to follow up the convoy on his own volition and was unfortunately swept off the road.
"Otumfuo also wishes to extend thanks to all those, who have called Manhyia to express sympathies."
The accident occurred barely 24 hours after the convoy of Vice-President Aliu Mahama was involved in a motor accident that claimed the lives of three security details near Chiraa also in Brong Ahafo Region.
An eyewitness, Mr Kwame Siaw, told the Ghana News Agency on telephone he was on board a Metro Mass Transit bus when the accident occurred near Bawuah Farms at Nsoatre, off the Sunyani-Berekum road. He said a Mercedes Benz saloon car belonging to one of the Sub-Chiefs in an attempt to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of him veered off the road and somersaulted.
The Asantehene's convoy had earlier used that road to Seikwa in Tain District to attend the 15th anniversary celebration of the enstoolment of Nana Kweku Dwuma Ankoana II, Omanhene of Seikwa Traditional Area, and to launch an Educational Endowment Fund.