Helping somebody is a special seed that can be sown. A leader can sow many kinds of seeds in the lives of others. He can sow the seed of money, the seed of to the poor and a seed towards evangelism. Prayer, the Word of God and good deeds are also seeds that can be sown. Today, we'll look at the seed called, “help”!
Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.
People Who Sowed a Special Seed by Helping Others
- Rahab sowed a seed of 'help' by helping the spies and she reaped it when they later helped her to escape death. You can sow the seed of “help” in your circumstances too! No matter your circumstances, you can be of help to someone.
Now therefore, I pray you, swear unto me by the LORD, since I have shewed you kindness, that ye will also shew kindness unto my father's house, and give me a true token:
And that ye will save alive my father, and my mother, and my brethren, and my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death. And the men answered her, Our life for yours, if ye utter not this our business. And it shall be, when the LORD hath given us the land, that we will deal kindly and truly with thee.
- Onesiphorus sowed a seed of 'help' when he helped Paul and reaped a harvest when Paul blessed him to receive mercy. Paul saw Onesiphorus as one who helped him. Paul was so touched by the help that he prayed a prayer of blessing for his helper. May you reap a blessing because of the seed of 'help' you sow in others!
The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain:
2 Timothy 1:16
- Joseph sowed a seed of 'help' when he helped the butler to interpret his dream and reaped a harvest when the butler recommended him to Pharaoh. Never hold back when you can be of help to someone. Joseph helped another prisoner and reaped an amazing blessing after two years.
And there was there with us a young man, an Hebrew, servant to the captain of the guard; and we told him, and he interpreted to us our dreams; to each man according to his dream he did interpret.
And it came to pass, as he interpreted to us, so it was; me he restored unto mine office, and him he hanged.
Then Pharaoh sent and called Joseph, and they brought him hastily out of the dungeon: and he shaved himself, and changed his raiment, and came in unto Pharaoh.
- The disciples sowed seeds of 'help' by continuing with Jesus in His ministry and were promised a harvest in Heaven. When you assist a leader, do your best. You may never know the blessing that awaits you!
Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations. And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; that ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
- Abigail sowed a seed of 'help' when she helped a man of God and reaped a harvest when she got a husband soon after being widowed. Abigail sent food to David. She was just being of help to someone in need. She did not expect anything in return but she was in for a surprise. It was a great blessing to David and his men in their time of need. This seed would yield great dividends in the future. She 'reaped' a husband when she became a widow.
And when David heard that Nabal was dead, he said, Blessed be the LORD, that hath pleaded the cause of my reproach from the hand of Nabal, and hath kept his servant from evil: for the LORD hath returned the wickedness of Nabal upon his own head. And David sent and communed with Abigail, to take her to him to wife.
1 Samuel 25:39
Without help you will not make it in life. You will need assistance, forgiveness, mercy, a push, favour and, above all you will need undeserved help. Many do not sow this seed of help, because people who receive help from you do not look like they could ever return the favour shown them. However, you must expect your harvest from God and not from the person you helped. Do not look to the person you are helping as the source of your harvest. Look to God! The Bible says that, “whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord.”