We, the members of IDAY GHANA as part of commemorating the INTERNATIONAL YOUTH DAY, want to first salute all young people in Ghana and encourage them to actively participate in the development processes at the Community, District and National level.
The theme for this year ‘Youth Engagement for Global Action’, seeks to highlight ways in which the engagement of young people at the Community, District and National level is enhancing national development processes and institutions.
Inspired by the inclusion of firm commitment towards fostering Youth participation in the Sustainable Development agenda, recognizing the vital role of the Government of Ghana, Civil Society Organizations and other Stakeholders in their proactive engagement and contributions to local and national processes to engage and empower young people to take actions to achieve the SDGs; we recommend Government to do the following:
- Develop and implement laws and policies that ensures that small farm holders and indigenous people particularly women have access to control over and ownership of land and environmentally sound technology
- End policies that promote land grabbing and implement redistributive land reforms that put ownership of lands back in the hands of communities, women and other marginalized groups strengthening agricultural productivity and livelihoods.
- Provide financial protection and subsidized to small farming communities to ensure that they can participate on an equal basis in the agricultural market.
- Allocate sufficient resources towards and promote scientific and traditional knowledge for understanding impact of herbal medicine and enact regulatory measures on the protection, conservation and preservation of our biodiversity
- Promoting technologies for efficient research work on herbal medicine and providing infrastructure and machinery for the production and processing of herbal medicine
- Develop international mechanisms to address loss and damage caused by climate change with special attention to herbal medicine and its products.
- Respect existing commitment and pledge new and additional funds for financing herbal medicine in Ghana
- Remove barriers to the access and use of herbal medicine in health facilities.
- Establish an international technology facilitation mechanism to coordinate and enable the transfer of environmentally sound technologies to communities: build the capacities of communities to produce, processing of herbal medicine.
- Foster the inclusion of the youth in decision making at the local, district and national level.
PARTICIPATING MEMBER ORGANISATIONS IN IDAY GHANA:
ALLIANCE FOR EMPOWERING RURAL COMMUNITIES
EARTH CHILD ORGANIZATION
FAITH ASSOCIATION OF REHABILITATION OF STREET CHILDREN AND ORPHANS (FARSO)
FORESIGHT FOUNDATION GHANA
FRIENDS OF RAMSAR
FRIENDS OF THE CHILD
GOD’S HARVEST FOUNDATION
HARDTHAVEN CHILDREN’S HOME
INTERNATIONAL TWINS NETWORK
JUST CARE FOUNDATION
NEEDY KIDS FOUNDATION
NO LIMITS CHARITY ORGANISATION
POSITIVE MINDSET INTERNATIONAL
RURAL ACTION FOR THE POOR
SAVE THEM YOUNG
THE PERFECT EXAMPLE
THE STREET CHILDREN FOUNDATION
UNITED FORCE FOR DEVELOPMENT (UFFD)
VISION CARE NETWORK
YOUTH FOR YOUTH