Singer Michael Jackson has denied that he is to take part in a Jackson 5 reunion tour. In a statement, the 50-year-old said he had "no plans to record or tour" with his siblings. The statement comes a day after elder brother Jermaine said Michael was on board with the project.
Rumours of a reunion have circulated for years with Jermaine suggesting similar things before, in 2003 and again last year.
"My brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we've certainly shared many great experiences, but at this time I have no plans to record or tour with them," he said.
"I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that I look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon," he added.
Jermaine Jackson told the Australian Associated Press on Wednesday that the singing family was working on the music and logistics for a tour next year.
"It is going to be more like a family affair - Janet's going to open and, of course, the original Jackson 5 ... Michael, Randy and the whole family... we're in the studio, we're planning on being out there next year," he said.
The last time the original members performed together was at a concert in 2001 to celebrate Michael Jackson's 30 years in music.
The group last toured in 1984 by which time Michael Jackson was a huge star in his own right
The Jacksons - featuring Tito, Marlon, Jackie, Jermaine, Michael and Randy - found fame in the 1970s with hits such as I Want You Back, ABC and Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground).