When it comes to beauty routines, many women are hesitant about trying something new. There is nothing worse than being stuck with a bad hairdo (we've all been there ladies, some of us twice) or blotchy skin after a facial gone wrong.
We at SHF get it so we've asked our new blogger Juwon to be your guinea pig. She'll try out different homemade beauty treatments and share her results: the good, the bad and the absolutely ugly.
I know a lot of people who absolutely refuse to DIY (Do It Yourself). They don't have the time, there's too much cleanup, it's too complicated. While all statements can be true about DIY beauty, there are plenty of recipes that take no time at all, aren't messy and are easy to make. Not to mention the fact that there is something
incredibly satisfying about whipping up your own conditioner or body scrub at home.
Today, I want to share a recipe that I've used countless times. It's fantastic for getting rid of blackheads. I don't know about you guys, but those little black dots drive me crazy. And while effective, face strips like Biore are ridiculously expensive. And that is why the Egg White and Toilet Paper Mask is so great; not only does it work, it's also cheap (think of all the clothes you can buy instead).
What You'll Need:
One egg white
1. Separate the yolk from the egg. Eat it, toss it, use it for your hair. Just make sure it's not in your bowl.
2. Once you have your egg white, smear some of it all over your face (avoiding your eyes and mouth of course).
3. Once you've smeared the egg white on your face, cover it with squares from your roll of toilet paper. Your whole face should be covered and you should look like a mummy.
• This is not the cutest look.
4. After you've covered your face with toilet paper, place another coat of the egg white on your face. The paper should be saturated with egg white.
• By now you'll not only look like a mummy, you'll smell like raw egg. If you're like me and the smell of raw egg makes your stomach turn, think about how awesome your skin is going to look afterward and soldier through! No one said being pretty was easy.
5. Let your homemade mask dry until it's rock hard. It doesn't take long but I like to watch an episode of “The Jersey Shore” while I'm waiting. That Snooki is so crazy!
6. Once your mask is completely dry, peel it off starting from the edges of your face and moving towards the direction of your nose.
• Look at all the gross little things on the paper. Those gross little things used to be on your face. Eww.
7. Wash your face with warm water to get rid of any residual egg. Don't forget to moisturize!
8. Pat yourself on the back. You just saved yourself a whole lot of money and your skin looks amazing. You're pretty AND you're smart.