Principles Of Effective Communication In Marriage
Communication is the Soul of any human relationship. ~ Without it, no relationship
can move forward. When communication is lacking in any marriage, frustration will definitely set in. That is why couples should endeavour to guide their communication channel jealously.
To have an effective and successful communication in marriage; the following must be in place:
(1) Completeness Communication must be complete. Half-truth and incomplete statements should be avoided as much as possible. The listener must make sure he/she gets the complete information before feedback.
(2) Closeness· Move close physically when discussing serious Issues.
(3) Commendation • Commend, appreciate and thank your partner always.
(4) Choice of Time • Timing is important, watch the mood of your spouse before you talk. Never discuss the issue of children school fees with your husband when he is hungry, tired, angry, sad or depressed.
(5) Choice of Words – Col. 4:6 – Speak with grace and season your word with salt. Never allow corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth.
(6) Choice of tone – Pro.15:4 – Give soft answers. Never raise your voice. Friendly words can even be misunderstood if they are not spoken softly.
(7) Concentration – Give adequate attention to your spouse to get. the complete information he/she wishes to pass across
Bisi adewale is an international conference speaker on marriage and family life, the author of these best selling books: Secrets of an Irresistible Wife , Hot and Sizzling Marriage , 20 Highways to a successful Marriage , Before you say I Do , and more than 60 other best selling books on marriage and family life.
He is the president of Family Booster Ministry and College of Marital Success (CMS) (Africa's Premier Marriage Institute), Host of Family Booster Moments on TV, watched in many countries across the globe.
Bisi Adewale also hosts the popular Lagos Couples' Conference and breakthrough for singles' summit