10 Reasons Why Sex Must Wait Until Marriage
Sex has been one of the most talked-about subjects in the world now. Pornographic sites are rated as one of the most visited websites on the internet. Advertisements with sexually appealing content are likely to be viewed or patronised by many people as compared to sex free contents.
In as much as sex and it related contents have become sweet on the lips of many, God entreats us to value sex in very high regard. The word of God is not against sex. No. but God is against sex outside of marriage. Regardless of what one stands to gain from sex outside of marriage, the word of God is completely against it.
Below are 10 reasons why you must let sex wait until marriage.
- It can block your chances of knowing through love. Immediately you give in to the person, you are tempted to think that that is the best choice for you until you realised that you have made the wrong choice.
- It could prevent you from ever knowing God’s best for your life.
How can you know God when you are entangled in sin?. God has something best in stock for you. Do not give your heart and youthfulness to people who have no dominion over you. Drop the “good” of the world and go for God’s best.
- It is dangerous and risky. This is because it could land the individual into situations like unwanted pregnancy, Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc
- Having sex while you are not married can fool you into marrying the wrong person.
Very often people say “I need a man who is good in bed.” What do you mean by that? How would you know the person will be good in bed? Probably by having an affair with him or her. Once you are okay with the sexual prowess it is then registered in your mind that he or she is the best. In as much as sexual satisfaction is very necessary, you must be careful not to be disillusioned.
- The word of God is completely against it. 1 Corinthians 5:9-11, Proverbs 6:32
This point needs no argument. Your opinion is not needed on this. The word of God is clear and straight forward. If you want to be a child of the kingdom of God then obey His word and stop following the vain philosophies of the world.
- Your body is not your own. Roman 12:1, 1 Corinthians 6:20
- It is a command to stay wait and not have sex before marriage. Hebrews 13:4, Ephesians 5:5
- We are expected to be an example and role model to the world. 1 Timothy 4:12, Matthew 5:14
Many young people will say “but people are doing it?” “Even in the church, people are doing it.” It is not true that everyone is doing it. It is a liar from the pit of hell. I encourage you to keep your garments on and trust the Lord and what he has said in His word. Even if the whole world is doing it, what has the word of God told us to do? We are to be the salt of the world. We are to be examples that the world looks up to. We are not to learn what the world is doing even though it is against the word of God. Why choose to follow the world while you have an equal opportunity to be a good example for people to follow?
- It is a sure way to be off the way to hell. Isaiah 35:8 & Rev. 21:8
- Sex was created for marriage. This is simple and straight forward. Opinions and Philosophies are not needed.
Have you become a victim of broken heart and frustration as a result of your quest to satisfy your partner with pre or extramarital sex? There is Hope. Come back to Jesus. Jesus is ready to forgive you and make your ways right with him.
Remember sex was created for marriage.
By: Semador Joshua
Author and Youth Coach