Combined Oral Contraceptive Pills Revisited For Maximum Sexual Life
The combined oral contraceptive/preventive (OC) pill is a safe, viable method of contraception or birth control in women. Truth be told, its one of the broadly considered MEDs prescribed for use for preventing unwanted pregnancies. Combined OCs basically ovulation through the combined efforts of estrogen and progestin. Estrogen and Progestin function effectively in various organs which creates a wide range of symptoms.
It is therefore primarily important as men we try and understand how these effects functions of our organs and better comprehend what happens when we consume this oil. First of all, we are going to carefully differentiate their effects, then we move into the fact we need to know about OCs.
If combined estrogen-progestin pills are utilized consummately, (That is adhering the recommended instruction) only 1 of 1000 women is expected to wind up pregnant within the first year. A critical truth diminishing the use-effectiveness failure rate of the pill is the high rate of discontinuation among OC users. Many pregnancies occur when women discontinue this pill.
This fluctuates in both natural estrogenicity and their anti-estrogenic properties.
- Ovulation is repressed by suppressing luteinizing hormones (LH)
- A thick cervical mucus, fluid is created, hampering the transport of sperms.
- The initiation of the sperm to penetrate the ovum is restrained
- Ovum transportation might be hindered or Fallopian tube secretion is altered
With respect to estrogenic impacts in women, the endogenous estrogen production is consciously suppressed, especially when the dosage or intake is lowered. What happens within the woman’s organ when this happens?
- Ovulation is hindered due to the suppression of FSH and LH from estrogen production. When this happens, the pituitary gland is, however, fooled into deducting that the woman is as pregnant and in this manner does not discharge hormones to stimulate the ovary.
- Secondly, the secretion inside the uterus is altered as in the cell structure of the endometrium prompting the production of edema within the areas of dense cellularity.
- Also, the ovum transport is fast-tracked.
Here are basic realities you need to know about OCs
- At the point where the pill is taken consistently and accurately, it gives women maximum control over their fertility. A few women find it easy to honestly recall to make sure they take the pill on schedule.
- Enhance sexual pleasure as the fear of getting pregnant disappears while enjoying sex. Many couples appreciate sexual intimacy, but it more with women
- Pills will in general decrease menstrual cramps and pains. A few women view this as the most alluring effect of the pill. With prostaglandin inhibitors, it eases menstrual spasm or pains that have been resistant to treatment. It additionally inhibits ovulation in most women and consequently disposes of the midcycle pain that most women experience amid the period of ovulation. In addition, it decreases menstrual flow by 60%, in other words, the number of long periods of bleeding and the measure of blood loss.
- A pill user won’t encounter loss of fertility caused by oral contraceptives, although she may take more time to end up pregnant subsequent to taking pills than utilizing other preventative options.
- Pills are a decent alternative for women who don’t want to wind up pregnant presently but saving it up for the future when they are ready.
- You may encounter some delays in getting pregnant with close reference to the measure of the time it would have taken in the event that you had not taken the pills.
- In the event that your periods are irregular preceding the use of the pills, they may again wind up irregular after you quit taking the pill
- Between 1% - 2% of ladies won't menstruate for 6 months or more subsequent to taking the pill. Anyway, it is not certain the lack of menses is caused by conception prevention pills.
- Return of fertility is enhanced by periodically taking a break in pills.
- By preventing the causes of infertility, for example, pelvic disease, uterine fibroids, ectopic pregnancies, ovarian cysts, endometrial cancer and endometriosis, OCs may enhance a woman’s future ability to end up pregnant
Image source: dept.washington.edu