Jobs & Employment
- Customer Services
- House Keeping
- Human Resources
- Legal Services
- Office & Admin
- Sales & Marketing
|Date Listed||:||Tuesday, November 21, 2017|
|Company||:||WSP Constructions Group|
|Employment Type||:||Permanent/Full Time|
|Salary Per Month||:||7000 - 14000|
|Job Qualification Requirements|
|Qualifications||:||Major skills + Requirements: • Diploma, HND or Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering along with a minimum of 5 years' experience related to design or construction of Civil / structural infrastructure. • 3 to 6 years related work experience or a combination of relevant education and experience • Knowledge of local building codes and standards. • Applicants with +7yrs work experience on this field without formal qualification can be considered • Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with client and team members. • Proactive with a high degree of initiative and ability to handle multiple tasks and projects. • Ability to work in both a design office and in field work sites. • Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule • Contract negotiation/management skills • Understand method of bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, expediting, receiving and transporting • A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners and consultants • Capacity to understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions to non-routine tasks or queries • Skilled at promoting teamwork to establish consensus among team and stakeholders • Capable of identifying key issues and patterns in moderately complex situations and spotting new, less obvious solutions • Familiar with heavy civil/infrastructure construction methodology and practices • Effective oral and written communication skills; • Experience with design software such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D required; • Design background in building technology is an asset; • Exhibit attention to detail and accuracy; and • Work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment.|
|Job Experience||:||3 - 5 Years|
|City||:||Airport Residential Area|
We are currently seeking a Civil, Construction or Structural Engineer to expand our team at WSP Group's Corporate Head office annex. The successful applicant will help lead the preparation of designs, reports, studies and contract documents and assist with the management of various large and small municipal engineering/construction projects and be heavily involved in a variety of Civil / Municipal Infrastructure / Site Development / Services Projects and varied constructions within the structural sectors of our business. The Civil Engineer assumes a leadership role by providing guidance to project staff and is responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations by influencing, developing and implementing agreed upon project plans ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, managers, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. WSP develops creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer lasting solutions within Property & Buildings, Industry, Transportation Infrastructure, Environment, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas), Water, Power & Energy sectors with delivery and strategic consulting services. At WSP, we continuously innovate and make extraordinary efforts to always attract, employ, develop, engage and retain the best professionals in our fields of expertise because this is what makes us great. We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. WSP offers competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills, experience and the opportunity to be part of an “up and coming” player in the lucrative international construction / engineering market. We also attach residential Accommodations to our International employees and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you're Interested to work with us, kindly forward your recent CV and cover letter through WSP's career email or job apply button displayed below.
Essential duties + Responsibilities:
• Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities
• Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded
• Ensures that the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in approval documents
• Achieves project schedule commitments within the financial targets
• Maintains and tracks billings, reports and projections and implements trade awards and construction work within financial targets and constraints
• Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc.
• Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths
• Assist the design team to solve diverse engineering challenges and prepare feasibility studies, design submissions, cost estimates, design reports, regulatory permits / approvals, construction procurement documentation;
• Field responsibilities will include contract administration, cost-controlling, quantity surveying, contract co-ordination, construction progress monitoring, and preparation of reports;
• Assessing and resolving site-related construction challenges in conjunction with contractors and WSP's Senior Engineer;
• Leading work progress review meetings, including documenting the discussion and action items; and leading progress payment reviews and evaluations.
• Conducts engineering calculations, analyses, and studies.
• Ensures engineering deliverables are complete, accurate, and in compliance with applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
• Manages small and medium-sized projects, ensuring they stay within budget and meet client requirements
• Understands and implements all standards, practices, and procedures required by the contract.
• Supervises and mentors junior professionals and technical staff
Contact NameChristopher Cole
Contact Phone+233 0302 766 905
Contact Email[email protected]