Not everyone meets their perfect partner in their twenties or early thirties and sometimes the idea of children comes much later. If you’re looking at getting pregnant after 40 then there are certainly some challenges. But with the help of modern and advanced medical technology, we can easily achieve.
According to research, at age of 40, women’s fertility chance is reduced by about 50% from its peak. This declines rapidly from 40-45 and the chances of conceiving naturally and carrying a baby to term after 45 are generally estimated at under 5%.
Tips & Tricks To Improve Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant Even After 40
1) Don’t wait any longer: If you are over 40 and want a baby, then don’t wait or delay. The research suggests strongly that there is a sharp decline in fertility from 40-45 age. Every year matters a lot!! Even a few extra months can affect the difference between conceiving and not. So don’t waste a time…..
2) Aim for healthy weight and lifestyle: As far as any women concerned, Healthy weight and healthy lifestyle is very important for conception. There are various specialized programs for women who want to get pregnant after 40. But women should not waste time in achieving perfect weight and lifestyle as time is crucial to conceive over the age of 40.
Minimize intake of sugary foods, beverages and junk foods. Maintain right blood pressure and sugar level.
Don’t eat inorganic and processed foods because it contains chemicals and other environmental toxins.
3) Consult a Fertility Specialist: Your Fertility Specialist is great source of help if woman is trying to get pregnant after 40. Every woman should ask doubts or questions regarding any blood tests or any other pregnancy tests. Good professional relationship with a fertility doctor is very helpful for the future to get best help at any time.
4) Start taking Folic Acid: Folic acid is one of the most essential factors in pregnancy. While folic acid won’t actually help to get pregnant but it is very important for preventing birth defects. All women trying to conceive should take folic acid rich foods regularly, ideally from the three months before trying to get pregnant. Fertility doctor’s consolation is necessary to decide perfect dosages of folic acid.
5) Do small and light exercises daily: Regular small and light exercises are very helpful to avoid any complications while getting pregnant after the age of 40. Relaxation types such as yoga, deep breathing, hobbies and listening music are best way to reduce mental tension. The relaxed and unstressed mind has a beneficial effect on body’s reproductive system.
6) Consider charting your cycle: Not all women ovulate at the same time and you can only get pregnant around the time of the month you are ovulating. Woman should look for changes in cervical mucus (the discharge you get from your vagina during the month). Fertile cervical mucus is like egg white. Watery cervical mucus is also common around ovulation.
Woman can also chart cycle quite literally using a technique called “charting”. This involves recording temperature each morning when waking and looking for a telltale increase in temperature that indicates ovulation has occurred.
7) Try ovulation predictor kits: Ovulation kits are very helpful in timing sex if any woman is suffering from irregular periods or unsure about ovulation cycle. Ovulation kits are easily available at most of the chemists.
8) Don’t wait to seek help: If woman is in 30’s, most fertility doctors recommend waiting a year to try and conceive before seeking help from a fertility specialist. But if woman is above 40 ages, then that periods drop to 3-6 months. Remember there can be a wait to get appointment of fertility specialist. Hence it is better to book an appointment at the earliest after getting pregnancy signs.
Making these lifestyle changes will certainly ensure you are in the best possible position physically and emotionally to welcome your baby.
If woman is above 40 and is unable to get pregnant, then it is best time to seek advice from a fertility specialist. Today modern reproductive technology is used by Fertility specialist to cure infertility problem. Medical advancements have enabled many women over 40 to conceive and give birth to a healthy baby.
For more information visit : www.drritamodifertilityandivf.com