Eye Surgery In Goa For Abroad Patients Looking For Low Cost Treatment
What is Eye Surgery?
An eye surgery is also known as an ‘ocular surgery’ and is performed by an ophthalmologist. The eye is an extremely important yet fragile organ and requires the utmost delicacy and care during treatment or surgery.
What are the different types of Eye Surgeries?
There are various eye surgical techniques that are required to treat the large number of diseases or disorders that affect a person’s eye which results in affected vision and other related problems.
These are the more common eye surgeries performed:
Laser eye surgery
This surgery uses a high-intensity laser beam to reshape the surface of the eye to correct myopia (short-sightedness), hypermetropia (long-sightedness) as well as astigmatism (uneven curvature of the surface of the eye).
Cataract affects the lens of the eye by making it opaque due to aging, trauma or disease. This prevents the light from forming a clear image on the retina. If there is significant loss of vision then the affected lens might need to be removed surgically and replaced with an intra-ocular lens (IOL) made of plastic. This is the most common type of eye surgery as cataract affects a large number of people.
A glaucoma disease is any type of disease that affects the optic nerve resulting in loss of vision which is mostly characterized by intra-ocular pressure (IOP). There are various types of glaucoma surgery that basically aim to drain the excess aqueous humor from the eye ball to relieve the intra-ocular pressure (IOP).
This is a type of surgical treatment for glaucoma that requires drainage of the aqueous humor through the eye’s natural drainage system to help relieve the intra-ocular pressure (IOP). This method of eye surgery is a minimally invasive surgical method that uses a micro-catheter. The surgeon will need to make a tiny incision to access the eye canal. The micro-catheter is used to enlarge the main drainage canal by injecting a viscous-elastic material made from a sterile gel. The doctor will suture the incision immediately after removing the micro-catheter.
This is a blanket term used to describe a number of surgical procedures that are performed with the aim of correcting errors of the refractive ability of the eye by reducing or removing the need for corrective lenses.
These are a few common refractive surgeries:
- LASIK (laser assisted in-situ keratomileusis)
- Epi-LASIK (laser assisted sub-epithelial keratomileusis)
- ALK (automated lamellar keratoplasty)
- PRK (photorefractive keratectomy)
- LTK (laser thermal keratoplasty)
- CK (conductive keratoplasty)
- LRI (limbal relaxing incisions)
- RK (radial keratotomy)
These types of surgeries include mostly refractive surgeries, such as:
- Corneal transplant surgery
- PK (penetrating keratoplasty)
- KPro (keratoprosthesis)
- PTK (photo-therapeutic keratectomy)
- Pterygium excision
- Corneal tattooing
These are a few examples of vitreo-retinal surgeries:
- Vitrectomy – This can be either an ‘anterior vitrectomy’ that involves removing the front part of the vitreous tissue to prevent vision loss from corneal or cataract surgery, or it could be a ‘pars plana vitrectomty (PPV) to remove the vitreous membranes and opacities through a pars plana incision.
- PRP (pars retinal photo-coagulation) – This type of photo-coagulation therapy is used in treating diabetic retinopathy.
- Retinal detachment repair – This type of surgery is used to repair a detached retina by cauterizing the retina with a hot instrument, using a sclera buckle to indent the sclera inward by sewing a piece of silicone rubber or preserved sclera to the retina’s surface.
- Retinal cryopexy/retinal cryotherapy – This surgery uses extreme cold to destroy choroidal or retinal tissue.
Eye muscle surgery
This type of surgery is one of the world’s most popular eye surgeries. It is used to correct the strabismus, through a weakening or loosening procedure, recessing through inserting a muscle back towards its origin, myectomy, myotomy, tenectomy, tenotomy, strengthening or tightening procedures that require tucking, resection as well as trans-positioning and re-positioning surgeries.
This surgery is used to reconstruct the eye and the related structures. An oculo-plastic surgeon performs a number of procedures to repair droopy eyelids, remove tear duct obstructions, repair orbital fractures, removing tumors from the eye area as well as facial rejuvenation procedures such as eye lifts, laser skin resurfacing, facelifts and brow lifts.
Eye surgery in Goa for abroad patients looking for low cost treatment
Goa, besides being a popular winter vacation destination for tourists, is known for its ophthalmology specialist clinics and hospitals. These eye-specialty hospitals and clinics are equipped with the best and most modern eye surgery instruments to ensure that all the patients are treated with more efficiency. The ophthalmologists and eye surgeons in Goa are more experienced and highly-trained in performing all types of eye surgeries effectively. The best and most low cost eye treatment is offered by the eye hospitals in Goa.
You can get more details in this concern by visiting: https://travcure.com/enquiry-form/ . You can send your queries at: [email protected]. You can also make a phone call to us at: +918600044116 / +919766217000