Way to Restore XP backup to Windows 7 – Now it is a Two Step Solution!
Windows bkf file recovery software is one the most amazing utility for creating backup; as it is the most cumbersome job to protect the data within machine for long period of time. But, restoring XP backup to Windows 7 is even more troublesome than to create backup in XP. Though both the OS belongs to Microsoft, Windows 7; being the upgraded and latest windows OS, does not support the every file created on Windows XP platform and NTbakcup.exe is one among those.
Microsoft introduced the backup and restore application in its every OS; keeping the naming convention and file type changed. For instance:
• In windows XP the application is known as Windows backup Software
• In Windows 7 or 8 it is termed as Windows backup and restore centre
Although both the application works for the same purpose, you will encounter various error messages when you try to restore XP backup to windows 7. This may generate following error messages:
• “Selected backup file was not found, or is corrupted”
• “The backup file contains unrecognized data and cannot be used”
• “There is no information contained in the file”
• “The fixed media is full. You cannot back up all of the specified data to this disk device.”
While you attempt to restore backup file in windows 7 created on Windows XP then you are likely to get the any one of the above mentioned error messages.
There can be two major possible reasons due to which you are unable to open the backup file
• This is due to the fact that XP create a BKF file to store the entire data from the machine; on the other hand windows 7 use the VHD file to save the backup data.
• Your backup.bkf file corrupt due to Trojan infection, sudden system shut down, disruption while creation backup, hard disk bad sector or other factors.
Restore XP backup to windows 7 – When it is Corrupt and when it is not!
When the windows backup file is corrupt, you will not be able to restore XP backup to windows 7 or not on to windows XP as well. As there can be many reasons that lead to a backup file corruption. With SysTools BKF repair tool; you can overcome all the issues and recover BKF file data easily. Through this way, you can repair backup file and easily restore the file.
When the backup file is not corrupt and still you are unable to restore XP backup to Windows 7 then you can simply follow the steps to restore XP backup to windows 7. Here you will get a guided way to move the files from windows XP backup to windows 7 efficiently.