Open letter to the President of the Russian Federation Dmitry Medvedev
Dear President of the Russian Federation,
Mr. Dmitry Medvedev, there is something common between you and me that is you are a law student, as I am. It is not the reason why I am writing to you. When my friends in Syria are drowning in romantic nationalism, you have added a new pace in that romance by sending Russian warships to the military base in Syria.
Mr. Dmitry, I do understand you want to add fire into the romance of my Syrian friends, that they will die in the flame of romance and let others know you are the number one in 'great power'.
But Mr. Great power let me share a secret with you; the romance of Syrian will end on the funeral of many soon.
Mr. Great power, I do understand that you understand the Power dimensions better than them.
Mr. Great, while your solders are dancing with 'Vodka', my Syrian friends are dying on blood bath of each others.
Mr. Great, obviously, I will invite other greats, Mr. Black, Mr. White and others.
Mr. Great, are you for the people of Russia or people of Syria?
Mr. Great, what is your nation, which is your first love, first interest?
Mr. Great, does the Russians army, learned to spread, love,
Mr. Great, does, warship will spread the love, in the barrel of guns?
Mr. Great, do you stand for peace or power?
Mr. Great, what makes you great, power or peace?
Mr. Great, what will be next, when the Resolution and Revolution both failed?
Mr. Great, I can assure, you Syria will be soon the first peace buyer.
Mr. Great, Syrian paid you only 3.8 billion dollars for your peace, that's really cheap?
Mr. Great, you are really great and my Syrian friends are really romantic indeed!
Mr. President, three cheers to your peace and one salute for their funeral!
With highest regards,
William Nicholas Gomes
Journalist and Human Rights Activist
Face book: http://www.facebook.com/williamnicholasgomes
1. The African Centre for Democracy and Human Rights Studies (ACDHRS)
2. The African Democracy Forum (ADF)
3. Algerian League for the Defense of Human Rights (LADDH)
4. Amnesty International
5. Arab Foundation for Civil Society and Human Rights Support, Egypt
6. The Arab Penal Reform Organization (APRO), Egypt
7. The Arabic Network for Human Rights Information (ANHRI)
8. Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA)
9. Asian Legal Resource Centre (ALRC)
10. Association for Freedom of Thought and Expression (AFTE), Egypt
11. Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies (CIHRS)
12. CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation
13. Conectas Direitos Humanos
14. Damascus Center for Human Rights Studies (DCHRS), Syria
15. East and Horn of Africa Human Rights Defenders Project (EHAHRDP)
16. The Egyptian Association for Community Participation Enhancement
17. Egyptian Foundation for Advancement of the Childhood Condition (EFACC)
18. Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights (EIPR)
19. Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect (GCR2P)
20. The Human Rights Center for the Assistance of Prisoners (HRCAP), Egypt
21. Human Rights First Society, Saudi Arabia
22. Human Rights Watch
23. International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
24. International Refugee Rights Initiative (IRRI)
25. International Service for Human Rights (ISHR)
26. The Iraqi Human Right Society in Denmark
27. Moroccan Organization for Human Rights
28. Palestinian Human Rights Organization, Lebanon
29. Yemeni Organization for Defending Rights and Democratic Freedoms