Prevention Of Coronary Artery Diseases
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) is the most common type of heart disease. It is the major cause of death in India. In CAD, heart muscles do not get sufficient amount of blood (oxygen) as arteries become narrow and hard due to deposition of cholesterol, fat and other substances. This is also known as Atherosclerosis.
Coronary artery disease (CAD) can be easily avoided by adapting healthy lifeclass. There are several ways to reduce the risk of developing coronary heart disease.
- Eat healthy and balanced diet:
Healthy diet is very important factor for healthy heart. Diet should contain low fat and high fiber foods.
Increase the intake of foods such as:
- Plant-based foods which are naturally cholesterol free like Vegetable and fruits
- High fiber foods like whole grains and beans
- Nuts and seeds
- Olive oil, sunflower oil and other vegetable oil
- Fishes which contain heart-healthy omega 3 fatty acids.
Decrease or avoid the intake of foods such as:
- Meat and other high cholesterol foods
- Dairy products and readymade sodium containing foods
- Baked foods such as Cake and biscuits
- High saturated fats Creams and butter
- Food containing palm and coconut oil
- Do regular physical exercises:
A healthy diet and regular exercise is the best combination to maintain your weight. Weight loss is necessary to avoid the risk of developing diabetes and high blood pressure. Regular exercises like Bicycling, walking, running and yoga at least 30 min per day at least 5 times in a week make blood circulation system efficient, lower the cholesterol level and also keep blood pressure at a healthy level. Hence physical activeness is very helpful to avoid any type of heart diseases.
3. Avoid smoking and alcohol:
Smoking and Alcohol are the major reason of heart diseases. Smoking causes atherosclerosis. It also causes coronary thrombosis in people under the age of 50. High alcohol intake damages the heart muscles and also increases blood pressure. Hence smoking and alcohol should be avoided to reduce the risk of heart diseases. Tobacco chewing is equally harmful!!!
- Control diabetes and blood pressure:
Diabetes and high blood pressure are the leading causes of coronary heart diseases in men and women. Adapting a healthy lifeclass is the best way to control diabetes and blood pressure. If any person is suffering from diabetes and blood pressure problems then proper medication is useful to avoid any heart diseases. Healthy diet and regular exercise is very important to reduce risk of developing diabetes and high blood pressure.
DO NOT STOP MEDICINES WITHOUT DOCTORS ADVICE!
Don’t allow atherosclerosis to win!
Eat healthily, stay healthy!
For more information, visit: www.kushalcardiaccare.com