body-container-line-1

Let’s Resist The NDC’S Oppressors Rule-Free Fadi Samih Dabbousi Now!!

By Raphael Kumah Abolasom
Opinion Fadi Samih Dabbousi
SEP 25, 2016 LISTEN
Fadi Samih Dabbousi

Martin Luther King once said “our lives begin to end, the day we become silent about things that matter”. Fadi Samih Daboussi, a member of the NPP, a journalist and the author of a book titled “59 years to nowhere” and a very vociferous critique if the Mahama led NDC administration was arrested by the BNI yesterday when He arrived at the Kotoka International Airport from Lebanon.

He’s apartment was subsequently ransacked and copies of his book “59 years to nowhere” were taking including his desktop computers. Up to now his whereabouts is still unknown. Fadi has never been silent about things that matter.

The BNI has now become a tool for oppression and suppression of members of the opposition, New Patriotic Party. It has become a tool for political vindictiveness and a massacre of the rights of the voices of conscience. The government of the day is messing up and callously mismanaging the affairs of this country and the BNI has constantly tried to subdue or intimidate us from complaining and fighting for the change that we seek.

When men of conscience speak against the government of the day, then they become targets of the BNI turned NDC operatives. When the voices of conscience speak against the corruption and development illusive NDC government, that’s where you see the prowess and “machoism” of the BNI being grossly exhibited.

Where has the BNI been, when Collins Dauda and his “Ninja” brother kept terrorizing people in their constituency? Where was the BNI when Nayela popularly known as Rubby Gyimah walked through our airport with drugs only to be busted in the UK? Where has the BNI been only for Anas Aremeyaw Anas to be conducting investigations that expose heinous crimes being committed against the good people of this country?

Very unfortunate to say that, the BNI’s loyalty is no more to the state rather, it’s queued towards the Presidency! However, I am not too surprised by the conduct of the BNI under this NDC government. So far, all “sweeps” carried out by the BNI have been done on members of the opposition NPP. We can recall the case of Stephen Asamoah Boateng, Adarkwa, Omari Wadie and the many others.

The track record of this government is so monumental when it comes to issues of the suppression of the freedom of speech. Suppression of Press freedom is clearly another gigantic hall mark of this government. These intimidations won’t stop us! We won’t keep mute and inarticulate when issues of chronic bad governance needs vehement reproach. We will continue to expose how bad, crooked and corrupt this government is.

Indeed, this government led by President John Mahama is alien to good and decent governance systems. The use of the BNI to intimidate the opposition clearly confirms the acts of desperation by the ruling government. We won’t be cowed by these acts of witch-hunting.

The John Mahama I know, is ever ready to do anything to stay onto power. We saw it in his days as MP for Bole-Bamboi. The Peace council, civil society organizations, voices of consciences, the council of state needs to call the President to order.

My good friend and brother, Fadi Samih Dabboussi, wherever you are today, I want you to take solace in the words of Margaret Thatcher. She once said “if they attack you personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.” You are and have been an inspiration. Behind the scenes you do to us a lot of coaching. We are with you. You are a hero

I am for Change and I stand with Fadi Samih Dabboussi. FREE FADI NOW!!FREE FADI NOW!!

Raphael Kumah Abolasom
[email protected]

body-container-line