body-container-line-1

NPP parliamentary candidate escapes murder attempt

By MyJoyOnline
NPP NPP parliamentary candidate escapes murder attempt
FEB 13, 2016 LISTEN

The Central Regional Police command has arrested a 22-year old man for attempting to murder the NPP Parliamentary Candidate for Cape Coast North Constituency, Babara Asher Ayisi.

The assailant broke into the house of the parliamentary candidate wielding an iron rod and a knife desperately looking for her.

The driver of the Parliamentary candidate who stepped out of the room where the candidate’s vehicle had been parked attempted to confront the suspect but was unsuccessful. The suspect, according to Babara Asher Ayisi, started vandalizing anything in site including her car.

“I was getting ready to attend the Speech and Prize-giving Day of Wesley Girls High School, where I teach. All of a sudden, I heard some strange noise at the frontage of my house; my driver was the first to step out because I was running late for the day’s program. According to my driver, a knife and an iron rod-wielding man was making an attempt to enter my room.”

Babara Asher Ayisi tells Joy news’ Richard Kwadwo Nyarko how the suspect ignored all vehicles parked infront of her house but hers.

There were about five vehicles that were parked infront of my house but the guy went straight to the vehicle that had my posters on and started hitting the screens and the bonnet of the car with a flower vase and the iron rod he was holding. My driver then struggled with the man in the ensuing vandalism spree.

He was shouting, ‘where is the NPP MP?’ several times. Hadn’t not been the ironic nature of my gate, he would have succeeded in his mission. You would have been telling a different story now”

The parliamentary candidate who was gripped with fear took cover while the youth of the area managed to overpower the assailant. When the police arrived at the scene, the suspect who was bleeding as a result of some beatings suffered at the hands of the youth was taken to the Ankaful Psychiatric hospital for treatment.

According to the police, their investigative outfit is busily working to unravel the development.

Story by Ghana|myjoyonline.com

body-container-line