body-container-line-1

Today Foreign Policy magazine named Anas Aremeyaw Anas as one of this year's 100 leading global thinkers

When courage is rewarded
By Today Foreign Policy
Headlines TodayForeign Policymagazine named Anas Aremeyaw Anas as one of this year's 100 leading global thinkers
DEC 2, 2015 LISTEN

Today Foreign Policy magazine named Ghanaian journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas one of this year's 100 leading global thinkers.

Also recognized are Pope Francis, Banksy, Chai Jing, Angela Merkel, and Mosoka Fallah.

In addition to his own reporting in Ghana, Anas leads Insight TWI's undercover investigations around the world.

Anas' most recent investigation in Ghana caught dozens of judges taking bribes on camera. He has taken down a sex trafficking syndicate, contract killers of children, traffickers in albino limbs, money launderers, and corrupt officials at the highest levels. He once spent months undercover as an inmate in Ghana's worst prison to expose its appalling conditions.

To us, this recognition signals that the ideas driving Anas - and our work with him at Insight TWI - are ideas that will grow in importance and shape the future.

Anas believes in journalism that put criminals and corrupt officials behind bars. For Anas, it's not enough merely to report. He is driven to name, shame, and jail. And the world is taking notice.

I was with Anas this morning and he asked me to relay the following: "I am grateful for this recognition. There is more work to be done."

Well done, Anas.
(Read Foreign Policy's profile of Anas here.)

body-container-line