body-container-line-1

Amputee Challenges Bolt

By Daily Guide
Sports News Amputee Challenges Bolt
NOV 26, 2015 LISTEN

American para-athlete Richard Browne has been likened to world sprint champion Usain Bolt to a duel after some impressive outings in the last one month.

In October, Browne won the sprint double at the IPC world championships in Doha, Qatar, clocking world-record times in both the T44 100 and 200 meters events.

Browne’s showmanship and recent world-beating times have seen him likened to the great Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt.

“It’s like a basketball player being told you play like Michael Jordan or a wide receiver being told he plays like Jerry Rice … it’s a huge compliment,” he says.

“I perform before the race goes off and Bolt does the same thing, and he is a world record-holder and I’m a world record-holder.

“I met Bolt a few times. I’ve hung out with him and I’ve picked his brain on a few things so it’s definitely a compliment. I live up to it. I play up to it, so it’s pretty awesome.”

Browne is hoping to convert the silver he won at the London Paralympics into gold at Rio next August and perhaps even emulate Pistorius by becoming the second para-athlete to compete at the Olympic Games.

Just in....
body-container-line