body-container-line-1
06.10.2015 Politics

"I Am Sorry" - Betty Mould-Iddrisu Apologises

By Peacefmonline.com
I Am Sorry - Betty Mould-Iddrisu Apologises
06.10.2015 LISTEN

Former Attorney General and Vice Chairperson of the ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC), Betty Mould- Iddrisu has apologised for saying she “regrets being an Ashanti”.

In an exclusive interview withAbakabre Frimpong Mansoon NEAT 100.9 Fm , Betty Mould-Iddrisu sounded remorseful and asked for forgiveness from the golden stool and all descendants of the Ashanti Kingdom.

Betty Mould, addressing party supporters in the Ashanti region a couple of days back, lamented what she describes as the biases of the media in the Ashanti region when it comes to reporting achievements of the performance of the Mills and Mahama administrations.

“Sometimes when I listen to the radio and I hear the things that are said on the radio, I feel pain, I feel pained that I am an Ashanti. I wonder why we can’t value what we have. I wonder why we can’t acknowledge that in Africa, Ghana is number one and among the top five countries,” she said.

But the Vice Chairperson of NDC retracted stating that: “I am a true Ashanti and would not turn my back on my heritage. My words were twisted and would want to say sorry to all who have been hurt as a result of my statements”.

In a response to the Betty Mould-Iddrisu’s request for forgiveness, Kwame Opoku Gyamfi, the Public Relations Officer of the group, Ashanti Youth Association (AYA) who was at the time of the interview preparing to lodge a formal complain to the leadership of the Ashanti Kindgom on the “behaviour of their daughter”, accepted the apology and praised her for the courage and sincerity”.

“...I am in Accra and was just about setting off for Kumasi to report her to her Kinsmen but from what i have just heard on Neat FM, Hon. Betty Mould-Iddrisu has earned my respect. This shows she is a well cultured Ashanti and courageous woman and even though we (AYA) have not met as a group, I can say we have forgiven her and she has our respect” Kwame Opoku Gyamfi said.

body-container-line