body-container-line-1
04.10.2015 Opinion

Ghana's Freedom And Justice Today In A Better Ghana Agenda

By Rev. Rudolf E. Y. Mensah
Rev. Rudolf E. Y. MensahRev. Rudolf E. Y. Mensah
04.10.2015 LISTEN

The issue of bribery and corruption in our system today betakes us to the root problem of the problems matter! The whole system of man's freedom and Justice got corrupted right from the Garden of Eden, after the fall of Man. This sudden menace is not only happening in Ghana, it is a universal crises in the system of man's governance where the Law is being twisted, manipulated and the poor, innocent and needy suffers injustice, various forms of abuses and bullying. The criminals and perpetrators of all kinds of wickedness use money, prominence and affluence to turn the verdicts of the Rule of Law to suit their evil and dubious mechanism.

I hereby aim to stress and state emphatically that the innocent and poor people are sent to the prisons and gallows to serve and pay with their blood for crimes they did not commit.

The corrupt culprits who are rich and prominent people in society are freed at the expense and exchange of the freedom and justice of the poor and innocent. They are being sacrificed and used as scapegoats, mercilessly sentenced, unlawfully and unjustly for the criminal Mafias of the game to win the court's verdict at the expense of fundamental human rights and justice of a democratic nation. Statistics shows that over 80% of people in jail are innocent of charges labelled against them and are suffering from injustice while the perpetrators go scot-free to enjoy in their wealth and loot. Several of these innocent men are even sentenced to death to the detriment of their poor and unsuspecting families.

The recent ruling on the mentally challenged, - "Charles

Antwi" - the supposed assassin of President John D. Mahama by the High Court was a surprise and a wonder

to all Ghanaians and the surrounding nations due to the biased and harsh sentence splashed on him without any proper investigation. He was not accorded his right of systematic cross-examination on the case, nor was he allowed to be taken to the Psychiatric Hospital for further psychological examination and treatment.

Presently, Ghana's ace investigative Journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas' shocking exposition of 34 prominent judges of Ghana in a bribery and corruption scandal in which the serving of justice was manipulated with criminals being set free and the poor and innocent jailed is a serious threat to our democracy, rule of law and an anathema to what Freedom and Justice should stand for in the Republic. A daring and deplorable situation

which has already been described as the “biggest scandal ever to hit Ghana’s judicial service,”

I have also had the opportunity to read on some few comments made by irate and concerned citizens on social networks asking about the views, voices and assistance of Christian religious leaders in times like these. This is what inspires me as I burn the midnight oil to add up my voice as far as this hot issue is concerned and on the prevalence.

HISTORICAL PROBLEM AND THE MILLENNIUM CHALLENGE

I want to stress that this current situation of bribery and corruption which has eaten into the judicial system in Ghana today is not anything new. It is a worldwide problem in general as we perform a biblical survey on historical events.

All animals are equal, just that some are more equal than the others. No country in this world can boast of being a corruption-free country. I stand to be corrected.

Not even the "White House or the Queen can boast of a corruption free state, especially when they are perpetrated behind the scenes. I highly recommend this India movie I watched and loved in my infancy (ANDHAA KANOON) for all to search, purchase and watch and you will see how corrupted the whole world and system of governance has become.

This is an ongoing world crises which dates way back to the beginning of history.

THE POSITION OF THE HOLY BIBLE ON THE SUBJECT MATTER

In the light of the aforementioned context, I am of the opinion that this is the same and more obvious reason why the man of God, Habakkuk cried out;

"The law has become paralyzed, and there is no justice in the courts. The wicked far outnumber the righteous, so that justice has become perverted". (Habakkuk 1:4 NLT)

The International Standard Version bemoans it more clearly;

"Therefore, the Law has become paralyzed, and justice never comes about. Because criminals outnumber the righteous, whenever judgments are issued, they come out crooked."

Habakkuk officially lodges a protest and complains to God that all he sees is evil wherever he looks. Pain and

suffering are everywhere. Wicked men go unpunished. Where is God in the midst of this, the man of God wonders? Why don’t you do something? We saw that Habakkuk’s problem is a very real, an urgent and very current human problem. The Bible is a realistic book. It doesn’t hide from the problem of evil. It doesn’t paint

pretty pictures that don’t match reality. It faces this problem head-on in Habakkuk

Mankind should know and acknowledge this mystical reality that there is a Court that is higher, more reliable, honest and credible than the court of men. That is the court of the universe. That is where Lord God Almighty, The Supreme Ruler, The creator of the universe is the Ultimate Judge and Christ Jesus The Advocate, the most credible lawyer and barrister of the Supreme court of Heaven. One day we shall all appear before the judgment seat of Christ .. Let us clean up, TIME is running out!

BETTER GHANA AGENDA AND THE WAY FORWARD!
I stand here today in the latches of Habakkuk the Prophet of God and in my capacity as the mouthpiece of God in this nation and beyond to assure my fellow Ghanaians and to the neighboring countries who are suffering the same injustice of the poor, bribery and corruption scandals from the grassroots of the three arms of government basically, The Legislature, The Executive and The Judiciary that there is hope for their future and hope for this country of their birth and origin.

How do I know that? This is what the Almighty God and Supreme Ruler and Ultimate judge of the Universe said in response to Habakkuk and to all Nations who are crying and relying on Him to establish justice and judgement on their behalf.

5 - The LORD replied, “Look around at the nations; look and be amazed! For I am doing something in your own day,

something you wouldn’t’ believe even if someone told you about it.

6 - I am raising up the Babylonians, a cruel and violent people. They will march across the world and conquer other lands

7 - They are notorious for their cruelty and do whatever they like.

8 - Their horses are swifter than cheetahs and fiercer than wolves at dusk. Their charioteers charge from far away. Like eagles, they swoop down to devour their prey.

9 - “On they come, all bent on violence. Their hordes advance like a desert wind, sweeping captives ahead of them like sand.

10 - They scoff at kings and princes and scorn all their fortresses. They simply pile ramps of earth against their walls and capture them!

11 - They sweep past like the wind and are gone. But they are deeply guilty, for their own strength is their god.” - Habakkuk1:5-11

So Habakkuk and the Jewish people have a problem that they did not even anticipate. Habakkuk had been crying out because he saw evil everywhere in his land, because the Jewish nation was corrupt. And God heard and promised He’s going to act.

God will punish the wickedness of the corrupt Hebrews in society by using the wickedness of the Babylonians as His instrument. The text, in a nutshell, says this:

God’s going to deal with the evil Habakkuk is worried about – but in an unexpected way. In the same way, God is going to raise people in the likes and manners of Ghana's Anas Aremeyaw Anas, an undercover journalist, ‘attorney’ and private detective working in Ghana and across the African continent and many mighty men of valor who are yet to be unfolded to redeem this nation and God's people from the hands of these cruel people; corrupt leadership of this country and far beyond. It is just a matter of time and behold the time is at hand. It has started in our generation, our time and our time, our generation.

THE CALL FOR CALM - THE SUPREME RULER RULES
"But the LORD is in his holy temple; let all the earth keep silence before him.” Habakkuk 2:20

There is a supreme Ruler on this earth. He rules by providence and theocracy. I will now urge all suffering people in this nation to stay calm and watch the King of Kings roars. Corrupt leaders and criminals in this nation are sitting on gun powder. Unless they repent and turn from their cruelty and corrupt ways or catch FIRE. They are spelled doomed to suffer the full fury of the judgment of the Supreme Ruler and governance of the universe. Why were ye not afraid to oppress the poor, the needy and the people of God more arrogantly and thinking the ultimate judge is asleep, not seeing and have no power to execute judgement and vindicate his people? The Lord God of Israel reigns forever. He is the supreme Ruler and Ultimate Chief Justice of all the nations and kingdoms of this earth. His autonomous is universal in nature. Only He reserves the Ultimate, Concurrent and Veto Power to do as and when pleases.

THE CALL FOR PRAYER - CHRISTIANS!
The whole book is really a Biblical answer to the problem. Habakkuk’s first question is what raises the issue in the first place?

God didn't ignore Habakkuk. He heard the prophet's prayers. He listened. He took note, and did something remarkable. He acknowledged the problem, and promises to act. Think about that. God sees evil, and He acts. God does not tolerate criminals and corruption. It will be punished, as we are about to see. But for us, here is a reminder, and an encouragement. God answers prayer! God hears us when we call! Your prayers are never wasted. Habakkuk approached God boldly, reminded Him of God’s own standards of right and wrong, and God rewarded this faith with an answer. This should be a wakeup call for the Churches to arise

for their country to lift up holy hands and voices to God, the supreme Ruler in prayers and in so doing, the God of the Nations will arise with judgement in His wings and all the corrupt leaders and criminals of this country will suffer as He saves His people with an outstretched arm. Praise the Living Jesus!

The author, Rev. Rudolf E. Y. Mensah, is the General

Overseer and Founder of The Royal Citadel Gospel Church

International (RCGCI), P. O. Box TF 270, La. – Accra Ghana.

He can also be reached via email at -
[email protected] / [email protected]

body-container-line