SAS Daily Report on the GSE (Jan 30, 2007)By (ghanaian-chronicle)
Boosted by a significant improvement in its financial performance, trading activity has picked up again in Produce Buying Company's shares. A total volume of 281,000 shares in ten (10) equities valued at ¢703 million changed hands during the trading session. Active trading in PBC accounted for 85% of the total volume traded and 70% of the total value traded for the day.
Three (3) equities recorded price changes at the close of the session. Equities that recorded price changes are shown in the table below:
On the back of these increases, total market capitalization went up by ¢10.16 billion to ¢112,529.93 billion. Consequently, the GSE-All share Index inched up by a 1.70 point gain to 5,012.10 points, representing a year to date gain of 0.12%. Meanwhile, the SAS Index recorded a 0.02 point gain to close at 727.44 points, which represents a year to date gain of 0.10%.
On the whole, outstanding offers outstripped outstanding bids by 231,800 shares. Bids amounting to 18,500 shares were left unfilled with outstanding bids in EBG alone accounting for 28%, whilst outstanding bids in AADs, Transol, FML, EIC, SG-SSB, Total and CPC accounted for the remaining 72%. Sale pressure still remains in BOPP, CLYD, CFAO, MLC, ABL, GWEB and HFC.