Questions on 'ESCAPE FROM DANGER'
3/6/2013 11:30:38 PM -
1. Describe the kind of home Lebo comes from.
2. What did Lebo do with the cave she discovered?
3. .How did Mabule escape death from the hands of his kidnappers?
4. What anti-social vice is highlighted in Elisabeth Anderson's 'Escape from Danger'?
5. How did Mr Masemola react to the kidnap of his grandson?
6. What kind of personality is Mr Seabi?
7. What role did Aliva play in the final rescue of Mabule?
8. Mention three themes that Elisabeth Anderson projects in her book.
9. What figure of speech is the following statement?
a. '.-what a snake!'
b. who is described as a snake and why?
10. Briefly describe the picture illustration on the front cover of the text.
11. In which two ways did the cave benefit Lebo?
12. Why was Lebo often angry with Mabule?
13. Was Lebo a lazy child? Explain your answer.
14. What punishment should be meted out to people who engage in kidnapping?
15. What role did the discovery of the cave play in the story?
16. Give the similar word in meaning of the following words used in the text: