Boy microwaves neighbour's cat
8/15/2012 6:30:20 PM -
An eight-year-old boy from Kent put his neighbour's cat in a microwave and turned the appliance on, the RSPCA said.
The cat was found in the microwave in Rochester on Saturday after its owner heard it being turned on.
The animal survived but may have suffered internal damage.
The RSPCA said the youth offending team at Medway Police Station and social services had been contacted but the boy was too young to face criminal charges.
RSPCA inspector Ray Bailey said: "This was an absolutely horrendous incident and all the more shocking because of the alleged involvement of such a young child."