READ 100 Questions for the Book Of the Month
5/16/2012 12:00:31 AM -
The following are questions from the Book Of the Month; The Missing Calabash by Olajire Olanlokun. Try them.
1. State five (5) leadership qualities that King Adekambi exhibited
2. Vividly describe the scene at the palace during the coronation of the new king.
3. Before the death of the old king a lot of things were not going on well in the town. Mention three (3) of such things.
4. How would you describe Chief Koya as a character?
5. What moral lesson have you learnt from reading the 'The Missing Calabash?
6. How instrumental was Oyewole in the search and return of the
7. Describe the personality of King Adekambi.
8. And as the King had aged, the people felt that he was losing touch with them. Explain the underlined expression in your own words.
9. According to Opela tradition, what role does Saje and his family play in Opela land?
10. How important is the Calabash to the people of Opela?
11. Who played the traditional role of kingmaker is the story?
12. Mention four (4) things the new king did on assumption of office to enhance the development of his community.
13. Name two items presented to the new king during the coronation. Of what significance were they?
14. What motivated Oyewole to search diligently for the missing calabash
15. Describe any instance of bribery in the story. State one effect of bribery on national development.
16. Find a phrase or group of words which mean the same as each of the following words used in the passage: